zaterdag 26 september 2009

Reading journal 6,

Last week in English class, each of us had to read a story (some chapters of a story) and that's what I'm going to write about in this journal.

The title is "holes" and it's about a boy who has overweight and is arrested for a murder he didn't do (for so far that I could read, I don't think that the boy did it).

The boy, called Stanley, is arrested and now transferred to a place called 'Camp Green Lake' but there is no green and there is no lake because it's somewhere in a desert. Every day, he has to dig 1 hole which is 5 feet deep and 5 feet across in every direction. when he has done that he has the rest of the day to do what he wants.

I feel sad for him because the boy can't do anything about the thing that he's arrested. He was in the wrong place in the wrong time. Now he has to work very hard, sleep in tents, doesn't get enough water, and has to live a very uncomfortable life.
I wouldn't want to be in his place because it is just such a big change in your life, he didn't do anything wrong and he doesn't have friends.

I don't really want to read the book because it doesn't sound so interesting to me.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten