zaterdag 5 september 2009

Reading journal 3

Hi,

I told you once before that I love reading series of books where you have like 3 or more books of the same series. It's the same with this one.
There are 4 books of this series and 2 books are more fun and interesting to read than the other two.
The names are:
-City of Masks
- City of Stars
- City of Flowers
- City of Secrets
They are really nice but sometimes a bit tricky to read.
I give it a rating of 4 out of 5.

My 2 new/tricky words are:
- contemplating (http:wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=contemplation/)
- pathetic (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/pathetic/)

In every book, a person from our daily world finds a talisman and goes with it to the past.
The story happens in early Italy. You read a lot of details where out you can make that it is in Italy.
In one of the first books, a girl called Georgia is being bullied by her step-brother whole the time. She is so desperate because she can't do anything against it because her parents don't believe her. They think that she's doing it on purpose so that her brother gets punished so they don't do anything. So it keeps going on and on.
I think this is really sad. If your (step-) brother is like that and you have to live with it.
I hope it never happens to me and I wish that it will not happen to other people.
I think lots of people get bullied by someone else and that they really don't like it.

Yannick

1 opmerking:

  1. Yannick,
    You have made some very sensitive and thoughtful comments. I too enjoy reading series of books. I can recommend the Artemis Fowl series if you haven't already read it.
    Mrs F
    =)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen